Monday, June 01, 2009

Shot of the Day #152: My Spielberg moment.

Shot with iphone. Click to enlarge.

It was only for a moment, but as I was backstage at the Microsoft Press Conference that kicked off the E3 Maelstrom, getting harassed that we didn't have some form of holographic label on our press pass (security at these things have gotten Militant-tight), I noticed a familiar face walking towards me.

No...it couldn't be.

Yup. A god was walking past me.

Steven Spielberg brushed past my arm as he was ushered into the Green Room, which also held Tony Hawk, Yoko Ono, Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney (Microsoft knows how to do it). Mr. S was there to promote the new Project Naruto controller, which like MINORITY REPORT allows you to manipulate the screen with your whole body, like a wii, but your body is the controller...pretty sweet, future-shock kinda stuff.

Ive never met the man, nor have I even been in the same vicinity as the Master, so this moment was almost dream-fulfilling for me. James, my co-conspirator during E3, didn't even know he walked past us till it was too late, but even he was star-struck. I tried, in the fleeting moments he was in my personal space, to think of something cool to say, like "1941 is underrated!" or "I love ALWAYS!", something that would grab his ear, but I thought better. I just wanted to enjoy the moment as I must have looked like a slack-jawed loser as he came and went. The photo above was the moment he came out to address the crowd, and even if he's just a blip in the frame, you can just feel the power he emits. Spielberg truly IS the man. But videogames, as it surrounds his tiny frame here, is only getting bigger.

...and with that, E309 has begun. God save us all.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home