Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shot of the Day #134: Pre-Post-Apocalypse

Shot with iphone. Click to enlarge.

Coming back from the TERMINATOR: SALVATION screening on the WB lot (love being there, always half-expecting Pee Wee to fly by on his bike), I decided to take Burbank Blvd back to avoid traffic. As the sun was finally setting over the valley (our old stomping grounds), the scene before me almost felt very much like the desolate, nuke-ravaged landscapes portrayed in the film I just saw, with crumbling buildings and power lines barely hanging onto stability, mere remnants of a forgotten age and culture. I was stopped at the light when I captured this shot, this one moment reminded me of the scene in T2 when Linda Hamilton is watching L.A. get blasted from a playground, how the bright light came first, then a moment of calm...before the nuclear wind relegated everyone to dust and bone. This moment here looks like that calm before the storm, that last serene moments before it's...all gone.

Good thoughts after a Summer movie blockbuster, huh?

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home