Monday, May 11, 2009

Shot of the Day #131: Random Comedy in Snail mail

Shot with iphone. Click to enlarge.

I have absolutely no clue why, but when I opened the mail (or 'Letterbox' if you want to be all British about it) today, awaiting the latest slew of bills and junk mailings (NO, WE DONT WANT FREE BABY FORMULA OR J.CREW CLOTHING!!!) I got this postcard ad and....just couldn't stop LAUGHING. For some reason, I pictured this as the teaser poster for the remake of STRAW DOGS where the studio producing it is going for a much-ignored demo; the over-50 audience, the same that came in droves to make GRAN TORINO a huge hit and who keep making CBS the highest-rated channel on the air (really?). Could you imagine the tender old lady in the picture above with a shotgun defending her home from faceless assailants? Instead of the famed "This is my house, I HAVE to defend it!" she politely quips, as she pumps the 12-gauge, "I choose to stay in MY OWN HOME"

BLAM!!!!

STRAW DOGS....2010.
THE NIGHT GRANNY STAYED HOME...WITH GUNS BLAZING!

I'd buy that for a dollar.



Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home