Sunday, April 05, 2009

Shot of the Day #95: Through my Father's "eyes"

Shot with Photo Booth. Click to enlarge.

Here I am working on the laptop in the back seat of the car as Bri, Rem and I trek down to our friend Debi & Jake's for a long-delayed meet up at their house. Unfortunately, its been a working weekend (w/ yesterday's Ninja Killer shoot as well) but hell, it's gotta get done, so I just threw on the earbuds and warmed up the Macbook, ready for Freddy so to speak. The glasses you see on me are not really my style, but they are signifigant...they were my Dad's. These Maui Jim glasses were one one pair of many that he had hanging in the Garage when I was home for his funeral, one of the sets of shades he proudly wore when he revved up his chopper for a Sunday drive...on better days. I always remembered these glasses, and before I left NY for the trip home to (he)LA, I grabbed them. I don't know why, but I did. My father was one determined motherfucker, and never seemed to fear what lay ahead, if it was mortality itself. These glasses, for whatever reason, feel like a comfort blanket for me, since the next few days might be the most insane Ive had in a while. Seriously, 2009 is quickly becoming one of the most signifigant years in my entire life; even the first 4 months have been life-altering to say the least. I need as much inner strength as possible (and thankfully going back to the gym has already been helping) and having these glasses on, looking at life through my Father's polarized lenses, gave me that boost of confidence Im gonna need. It's gonna be a VERY interesting (and busy) week.

Strangely enough, my Dad donated his eyes before he died. I wonder if I'll ever get to meet the person who got them "installed", maybe one day I'll just happen to just look at someone and go "Holy shit, my Pop is staring at me". I know he was glad to help, no matter who they went to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home