Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Shot of the Day #91: On the Other Side...

Shot with iphone. Click to enlarge.

I have a newfound appreciation for anyone who has to talk into a camera lens and make it seem inviting, natural. Seriously, that shit is difficult.

Last night I was shooting a little secret project (shhhh) and was working with a great set of guys, 2 of whom I worked with when I was a DP at G4. The shaggy dude on the left is AP Murray, the sound-guru on set (and one hilarious guy who also has an amazing Yaght Rock cover band called KNIGHTS OF MONTE CARLO...a must see if you love Michael Mcdonald or Kenny Loggins)...in the center is Ryan Ghrahm, one of the in-house DP's (and a lover of FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 5 as I found out) and on the right is our producer, Corrado Caretto, a veteran of the G4 grind and a great producer as well (also: HUGE BSG fan so he's good peeps in my book). THESE are the guys who hold the company together and make all the talent look good. Round of applause, please.

And...then there's me, the schmoe usually behind the scenes, now front-n-center. Honestly, I thought it would be a breeze but man, even getting the easiest written copy out without someone to bounce off of other than ground lens glass is more difficult than I thought it was, even with the experience I've had in the past. Luckily the crew was very supportive and funny and we battled through it, hoping that it will all cut together. I walked away nervous that I sounded like a fool, but we'll see when its cut together.

Thanks to everyone involved (including the very patient Del & Sue at Dark Delicacies in Burbank where we shot...love those guys!) and keeping fingers crossed the video never sees the light of day. We'll see...

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home