Monday, March 23, 2009

Shot of the Day #82: Happy Birthday to Meh.

Shot with iphone. Click to enlarge.

Gotta admit, it was a pretty blaise birthday.At least it started that way. I guess its true what my dad said; When you have kids, Birthdays turn into....Mondays. Sure, there was much well-wishing, both in person (at the office) and via the interwebs...which also proved to me that everyone truly IS on Facebook and Myspace is that Dave Matthews Band T shirt at the bottom of your stack, waiting to be made into a car wash rag. But something felt a little empty, a wee bit blue. Guess this is the part in the script where I start fearing death n' shit, all that midlife-crisis malarkey that comes with being-shudder-"thirtysomething". When does the feeling of being that precocious, Whipper-snapping teenager go away? Im getting mixed messages here.

Square pegged it at work and got so wrapped up in whittling down my To Do list that i forgot to get lunch. Crap.
To give myself a birthday treat post-grind,on the way home I hit up The Counter (Santa Monica Branch), an upscale burger joint I discovered when G4 was on Olympic & Bundy. Those were good days. The place is clean & colorful, the flesh-patties worth the extra mile (literally) and the sweet potato fries are divine. Plus, I got in the first draft of a dream project in to read, so with my Special Birthday Death Melt (incl. Red Onions, Tillamook Cheddar & Black Forest Ham w/ Buttermilk ranch & Spicy Fries) I devoured the first 20 or so pages with a huge smile as I read & enjoyed a late lunch. The day got a little brighter. (Oh...and I had a Lemonaide). I then stopped at Best Buy, splurging on PUNISHER: WAR ZONE (Splattery fun!), SPEED RACER (Fuck you, it's the new TRON; see you on the bandwagon in 10 years!) & the new STATIC-X album. FInally, I was greeted at home by the gang (even Luke!), Remy dressed for the first time in his Blues Brothers outfit (Thanks John!!). So, LITERALLY at the end of the day, it wasn't so bad.
I got to come home to a wonderful present.

I also shoot food a lot. This concerns me.

Joe

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Happy (late) Birthday, sir!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home