Friday, December 11, 2009

Shot of the Day 345: Bleeding Hearts, Tearing Lights

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

Was a very rough day today, so Banzai and I stepped out to get some fresh air and take a stroll around the block. Heart heavy and head swimming with stress, we walked around the 'hood silently as I continued UNDER THE DOME on audiobook (which is getting better and better) and noticed that there was only one house on this block that was sporting Holiday lights, but damn if they didn't go all out. That was the usual case for my childhood street, King Street, where we were the only christians on the block, therefore the street was pitch black for the most part until you get to "The Second To The Last House On the Left" (depending on where you're coming from) and my dad would go all "Clark Griswold", with lights flowing from every corner of the house as if trying to contact space aliens.

Seeing this house reminded me of what it was like being out in the chilly air, putting up the lights with my family, smiling bright over the anticipation of Christmas. These dark days, I barely get twinge of excitement over the holiday, but seeing this particular configuration of lights, burning bright in the evening air, something....clicked. I don't know why, but I instantly remembered that feeling again; maybe its Remy, maybe it's the end of the year and jsut happy to see 2009 go and the promise of 2010, but these lights put me in the Christmas Spirit for sure. For now at least.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home