Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Shot of the Day 342: Pigs are flying...

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

On the way home from a particularly good crew meeting (someone who's work I really admire to be recruited to The Fellowship) and I happened upon a "Hell has frozen over" type sight; NO line in front of Pink's Hot Dogs. Now, in the 7 years I've now been here (for some reason, every time I even think about how long we've been in (he)L.A., my heart sinks a little; guess I just miss Xmas in New York lately), I've NEVER seen the famed dog stand without a huge human tongue stretched out from it's maw, all clamoring for one of it's signature nitrate combos. Having eaten there twice in my L.A. tenure, I also don't get the allure, other than simply the legacy it's had with tourists over the years. Don't hear locals frequenting it much, so its clearly a trap. But tonight....I guess the tourism board would be dismayed to see the lack of patrons lined up for a healthy dose of Lips 'n Assholes. Guess the end of the world is truly neigh.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home