Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shot of the Day #258: "Game onnn..."

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

I confess: I'm not a hockey fan. Correction: Not a big live sports fan, in general. No particular reason, I just don't make much of an effort to go catch a game and all the traditions/hassles that come with it. Hell, most of those annoyances are the reason I dont go to big shows often either, but since I was never much of a sports aficinado to begin with...well, you wont see me in line for season passes to the Lakers anytime soon (although the rare time I do go to a game makes it all the more special). Tonight was an exception...

Brian Slagel, the head cheese from Metal Blade, has been inviting me to come with the MB posse to a Kings game for a year now, and for one reason or another I haven't had a chance to go, but finally the stars alligned and here I am in the Metal Blade Booth at the Staples center for the pre-season game against Detroit. It was strange to see the place at 1/3 capacity, but I guess that's usual for a pre-seasoner. A highlight, however, was when the Pee Wee league got some time on the ice, seen below.

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

Confession 2: The kids put on a better show.

Thanks to Brian, Kelli, Vincent & the Metal Blade family for the chance to feel like red-blooded American for a night! Go Kings! Kings, right? Yeah...um, WOO!

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home