Thursday, September 03, 2009

Shot of the Day #246: Silicone Heaven

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

First big meeting/tour with the FX house we're really hoping does the flick. They were tops on my short list as Ive been a big fan of their for years, and one of my "mentors" kept saying "you HAVE to let them do your monsters, man! No question!" So luckily said god-like director (who has worked with them many times before) introduced me to the owners of the shop and we quickly hit it off. Today is a general meeting to see if the ideas jive with everyone and see if we can work it out, and damn if I'm not in fucking childhood heaven. Everywhere around me are creatures encased in glass (and many free of these bounds), beautifully grotesque works of art around every corner. It's a monster movie fan's wet dream, and right now, my thighs are wicked moist.

The meeting went GREAT and crossing fingers the deal can be made. This felt like a HUGE step for us, and now momentum is finally picking up. Just found out next week we can start casting more directly AND we might shoot somewhere VERY cool. Onward!!!

But I could seriously hang out here forever. Bliss.

Joe

1 Comments:

Blogger giles edwards said...

Steve Johnson's shop? That's him in the pic in the b/g, right!!?

If so, you and I had the same childhood dreams, sir. Some kind of of bliss, right there.

Awe. Some.

All the luck in the world in how this pans out.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home