Thursday, October 01, 2009

Shot of the Day #273: Strength, thy name is Krane

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

This was quite a sight, one that stopped me cold and forced me to whip out the iphone. Here is an impromptu moment of "casual wear" for Joshua Krane, former SVP of Interactive Services for G4tv.com and one of my closest friends for over 10 years. This past week, Josh was unfortunately let go from his position, much to the shock and dismay of our dept and the entire company, but his strength though all this showed that there is always light at the end of the dark tunnel.

However, since the announcement, the usually nattily dressed Krane (who is a strict advocate, as am I, against male open toe at work and flip-flops ANYWHERE) is now rocking cool casual-wear, which was almost as much a shock to us all as the previous day's bomb-drop. I even heard someone say as he passed...'Is...is Josh wearing SHORTS?!" Also, now he can show off his extensive and impressive sneaker collection; seriously, the guy knows his kicks. I mean, look at those fuckers! I want them. NOW.

I've known "The Dude" for the longest time, and to see him this..."relieved" in a way is encouraging and enlightening for all of us here. Pain and struggle will always be part of life, it's how you deal with picking up the pieces. He's always been a hero of mine, and I wish him all the best wherever he goes, as long as he never goes out of my life. It's just gonna be tough not seeing him every day.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home