Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shot of the Day #265: Monkeys & Zombies

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

At the Four Seasons about to meet an actor for a role in the film, kind of excited because I dig this guy's work.
I REALLY do not belong here, and stick out like a Winger fan at a Slayer show. Well, maybe a Slayer fan at a Winger show is more like it. But I'm waiting here in the lounge as various people come and go, and this old-money Beverly Hills zombie plops down at the bar, snaps her withered fingers to the barkeep for a phone and then commands the room with her raspy, smoke-ravaged voice to the other line (and I make NONE OF THIS UP):

"Are you the Monkey man? Ok, let's talk Monkeys Honey..."

(pause)

"Oh come on! 2 monkeys are that much? Ill play a monkey myself then! 750 is too much for monkeys!" SLAM!

Yes, folks, only in Hollywood.

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

Speaking of the rowdy undead (bad segway I know), but also got to see ZOMBIELAND tonight at a media screening. All I will say is....WOW. I haven't had that much fun in the theater in a LONG time, maybe even more than THE HANGOVER. Fucking fantastic, and over time, might even surpass SHAUN OF THE DEAD of the ZomCom subgenre. I dont want to say too much more, only that ive been grinning all night like a kid, and can't wait to see it again and again and again....YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE. ALSO: Best Cameo EVER?

Joe



PS: Only 100 more days to go! WOW.

1 Comments:

Blogger giles edwards said...

"Monkey man"? Who was she, Norma Desmond?

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home