Sunday, July 26, 2009

Shot of the Day #207: Homeward bound & Home-made Biscuits

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

I woke up so excited to go home, but then quickly realized...I got NOTHING by way of a decent meal while I've been out here. One of the few perks of going out of town on a business shoot/trip is that the company, within reason of course, will pay for your meals, yet I had been so fucking busy that I never got to go out ONCE. Sad but true, and I wasn't gonna let a shitty Quesadilla at the House of Blues be my last meal here. I called down to the Grant Concierge, asking: "Where is the BEST place for breakfast around here?" and the friendly voice on the other end said "Oh sir! I have just the place!" before describing a restaurant down the street called Cafe 222 that supposedly has just been voted 'The Best Breakfast in the US". SOLD. I quickly got packed up so it's one less thing to worry about upon my departure/check out at noon and headed out to get me some grub.

The place ended up being quaint but fantastic, serving up a wide array of AM delights (Pumpkin Waffles!?) but I went with the featured special, the Biscuits & Gravy with eggs and Sausage. To say it wasn't morning bliss would be a horrible lie. SO good, and so lame that it's one of my highlights of the trip. Then again...I loves me some breakfast.

If you're in San Diego, you gotta fill up at this place. Im now looking forward to next year's ComicCon JUST to go here every morning.

Homeward bound! You stay classy, Whale's Vagina. Hopefully next year I'll be back with something else cookin'.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home