Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shot of the Day #115: Sea of Blue

Shot with iphone. Click to enlarge.

Taking a break from Cabin Fever/Edit AIDS, I had volunteered on Saturday morning to be part of the Comcast Cares Day, where the company collective offers help & elbow grease to inner-city schools and facilities...cause you know, "we care". I missed out on it last year and felt compelled to be part of the crew (and it was a good excuse to walk away from Final Cut Pro for a few). This year we were at the Johnny Cochran School on 18th street, and the task was to give some of the buildings a fresh coat of paint. I was selected to be on garbage/clean up duty (what are they saying?), and it was refreshing to just complete simple tasks, round peg in round hole. Since I had to make a conference call at noon I couldn't stay long, but it was nice to see such a big crowd of co-workers make it on a sunny Saturday to lend a hand and glad I could help out, even though I will likely NEVER wear that blue shirt they gave us again, so see ya at Good Will.

Events like this give one hope we're all not complete dickweeds, unlike some of the people Im dealing with now.

Well, enough jabbering, back to the grind...hopefully I'll be able to take a break tonight to meet Green & Bishop for our second attempt to see THE ROOM at midnight, which was sold out by 10pm with the line around the building. Should be a hoot, and a confidence booster.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home