Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shot of the Day #11: Treepestry

Shot with iphone. Click to enlarge.

Ever just see something and it just fires your eyes so much that you have to actually stop and put the car into reverse to capture it? That's what we have here.

I was driving down the street near my house, talking to Green from Utah, getting some "news from the Sundance trenches" and stories from the GRACE premiere (which you can read about HERE & HERE amongst other places...GO SOLET!!! So proud of you man...) when I glanced up at the tree branches overhead, coveting the street like the spindly, skeletal fingers from Death himself, the light bathing the wooden digits with a glow that made me actually stop, put the car into reverse and back up to take a shot. I dunno what compelled me, maybe just to have a SOTD, but thus far, this image gives me the creeps and had to be noted. .

Then again...the suburbs in general still burrow under my skin like BLUE VELVET, which feels as relevant today as it did in '86. "Unkie Dave", you are GOOD.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home