Friday, July 20, 2012

Shot of the Day 12.203: Red-Light district


Shot with iPhone & Camera+, click to enlarge. 

What a strange day, with the Aurora, CO shootings in the minds and hearts of the world, how movie-going will likely change, etc. That is what scares me the most...the fear people will have going out to the movies. Going to the movies WAS the getaway, now people are going to get away from getting away to hide in their homes with their content? Not just from a business sense but one of an entertainer, that concerns me.

So as I was driving home from a meeting, I decided to drive to my local AMC theater in Century City (the one with the cool HAL-like parking lights, seen above) and bought two kids tickets to the movies. Why? Just so they can enjoy a movie in the theater, the way it was meant to be seen, encouraging them that going out to a theater and enjoying a film is a positive experience, not one I pray will instill nervousness and added security. I hope they enjoyed ICE AGE 4...might have been a bad choice but hey, they picked it! Freedom for Moviegoing!

My heart goes out to all the victims of the Aurora shooting. A sad day indeed that was supposed to be a joyous welcoming of a summer event movie, now haunted forever.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home