Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shot of the Day 12.193: Woody for Horror

Shot with iPhone & CameraBag, click to enlarge. 

Raced to Universal after a great meeting (more on that VERY soon...I hope) to catch a preview screening of Scott Derrickson's SINISTER, written by my buddy C. Robert Cargill. GREAT movie, very effective and really scary at points. What's scarier is how much I related to the main character, a writer of true crime who pushes himself too far to get "the golden goose" of a story, which has it's own haunting ramifications. I don't want to give too much away, but as I walked out in a bit of a daze, pushing past Brett Ratner as I walked into the open air as Magic Hour hit in the Valley, and lock eyes on a familiar friend from my youth, Woody Woodpecker. I used to LOVE his cartoons, obsessed with them every morning before school (they usually ran around 7am before the bus came, prime cereal eating content) and had another retro moment similar to my E.T. pillow flashback. Between seeing Woody and being scared like a kid again with SINISTER, it was like dredging up my youth, kicking and screaming, and I was just welcoming it in.

Check out the trailer to this genuinely spooky and frightening trailer to SINISTER. Derrickson, Blum & Cargill might have a true hit on their hands.



Now...to pack for Comic-Con!

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home