Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shot of the Day 12.153: Tony Clifton!!!

Shot with iPhone & Camera+, click to enlarge. 
I can't believe I've been in Los Angeles for almost 10 years, and have never been to the Comedy Store. This venue is hallowed grounds for Comedy of the last 30-40 years, and I'm a fan of practically every comic highlighted in their photo hallway, yet I've never made it out to an actual show. At this rate, I wanted to pop my Comedy Store cherry right…

..and when I heard that Tony Clifton, the brash, brutal entertainer that was the alter ego to Andy Kaufman (just don't ask Tony), was putting on a live show at the CS, I thought now was as better a time than ever to check it out. 

I'm glad I did. Words can't describe the "so-blue-it's-black" comedy show Clifton (embodied by Kaufman writer/COMIC RELIEF head Bob Zmuda) puts on every Thursday and Friday night, but if you want to challenge the boundaries of good taste, this is 20 bucks well spent. 

How can you determine if Tony's show is for you? Would a severed head in a glass jar with a severed penis stuck in it's mouth make you laugh? If so…this show is a MUST SEE. 

Now I can't wait to go back to the Comedy Store. 

Tony Clifton 4 Life!

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home