Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shot of the Day #291: Stubby

Shot with iphone, click to enlarge.

I always seem to find movie stubs outside our apartment complex, discarded like cigarette butts. Ive been collecting stubs for close to 21 years now, have my first one to a movie I didn't even see in the theater (ROBOCOP) and have kept them in a beaten-up shoebox ever since. So of course, when i see a stub on the ground, I HAVE to investigate, right? Will it be WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE? A SIMPLE MAN?? ZOMBIELAND OR PARANORMAL ACTIVITY?!!?

Nope.

There's just no accounting for taste these days, huh? Sigh.

Joe

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

People still pay to watch Vince Vaughn, eh?

Glad to hear you're a fellow stub collector! I wish I had the mind to save all mine since childhood, but I sadly only started 5 or 6 years back.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Richard Street said...

I've a biscuit barrel on my shelf with about 13 years worth of ticket stubs in it; I just tossed Saw 6, Halloween II and a few others in there as well. Somewhere I have envelopes full of larger stubs going back to 1987.

2:21 AM  
Anonymous omw said...

Tax write-off, holmes. I grab any stub i can find. What a cheap-ass, eh?

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home