Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Shot of the Day 12.222: Adieu, Old frenemy

Shot with iPhone & CameraBag, click to enlarge. 

We've had this 2001 WV Golf for 12 days shy of 10 years, it's been that long since Bri and I moved to Los Angeles. Now, this hunk of crap has been sold off to someone who is going to likely use it for spare parts (I would, in the condition it was left). Ironic that my Dad was a total gearhead, yet, I could give two shits about shifters and Big Blocks. Just as long as the sucker drives, I'm fine.

I will say, to it's credit, the Golf ran for 9 solid years through thick, thin and otherwise and I put a HELL of a lot of miles on it. Was never a perfect car, hell it was barely even "acceptable", but it got me from point A to point B, so I can't fault it for that. On it's last legs however, it was a sheer pain in the ass, so it's good to see it go.

Farewell, old friend. You're someone else's problem now. We had some times together...mostly on the 405.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home