Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shot of the Day 12.60: Hidden Heat

Shot with iPhone, click to enlarge.

I know this seems like a bit of an excuse, but I've been watching a LOT of films...you know..."research". I've ALWAYS considered viewing movies as a bit of homework, taking in the style, the tone, shot construction, etc...analyzing the "hows" and the "whys". I often take pictures of shots off the screen for reference too. Again...RESEARCH (right?).

Watching Michael Mann's epic soap opera HEAT last night, I noticed what looks to be a hidden message...I know it's more of a Frank Lloyd Wright design on the door, but that? To me? Yeah, that's the Silver Pictures logo on the door. Is this Mann's comment on modern (at the time) action films? Or am I just reading into a door too much? You decide...but that's another element of film I love. We both could be right. Or is it Wright?

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home