Friday, April 11, 2008

Wah...PSSSHH!!!

Hey all,

Dammit, I'm trying. This is what sucks about trying to keep up with the bloggin'....life gets in the way. Every day that goes by that i haven't gotten my scandalous Saturday night two weeks back, it pains me. Even just to get it down so one day I can look back and say "Oh those were the times" or do it as a cautionary tale, proof positive that you do NOT have to accept every Birthday shot or drink thrown in your personal space, but alas it feels like a huge endeavor...one I keep procrastinating from. I promise to get to it. Pinky Swear.

One observation I had to make though: I opened the blinds from my office this morning and my heart skipped a beat. This is what I am looking at right now:




Paramount/Dreamworks owns that space so I've had to endure looking at titles like SPIDERWICK & CLOVERFIELD for long stretches of time, but this is an absolutely welcome image that greets me every morning, and gives me such a geeky charge. Dr. Jones is an integral part of my cinema obsession, and the fact that since the last time I caught up with The Jonses, clearly things have changed. Holy crap...I have an office! Sure it's not MINE MINE, but it has my name on it, I clean it (sometimes) but regardless, I have a window to look out to gaze at Nakatomi or watch bubble splort at the Tar Pits (or see Will Farrell shooting LAND OF THE LOST there...kinda cool). Oh, and now I make movies too, which I knew I wanted to do when the last sequel unspooled in '89, so this evolution of my own life has met up with a familiar face, one which greets me warmly with a smirk and a powerful Drew Struzan pose.

Even if it sucks big fat aardvark cock, INDIANA JONES & THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL will be greeted by very open, eager eyes. I love this series, maybe even more than my other childhood obsession (STAR WARS) and to finally see if this was all worth the wait is part of the fun, you know? The Indiana Jones series is so much a part of my movie upbringing, so this is just another notch in that timeline. I can remember where I was SITTING for each INDY film when they first came out, remember saying "wow!" at least 12 times for each installment, remember vowing to NEVER go to the bathroom in a film during a movie (only broke that rule once during MIGHTY APHRODITE, but I almost shit my pants...maybe it was from the movie itself, I dunno) and Im sure I'll be making a mental note of my first screening (hopefully the first of multiple screenings) of CRYSTAL SKULL....even if it sucks said cock. Bring it on Spielberg! I want to feel like a kid again...please?

For now, I'll just enjoy my short time looking out of the window and feeling that little tingle again. Go Indy!!!

Staying Scary,
Joe

PS: David Cronenberg keeps reaffirming his status as a personal hero...HERE.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Barnick said...

I already knew Cronenberg was a God, turned out he's a Sex God too. Goddamn I love that man.

(I doubt the story's true, you can watch the excellent doc on History of Violence for more on the matter..but I choose to believe in him, like Santa, because it makes life happier.)

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home