Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Hero Has Fallen...

Hi all,
This is truly a sad time.



As you might already have heard, director Bob Clark was tragically killed late Monday night in a horrible car accident...that could have been prevented if the other driver wasn't drunk. Bob and his Son Ariel were both killed, while Hector Velazquez-Nava, the drunk driver, will live. Tragic and cruel life can be.

Bob was a childhood hero of mine. I couldnt believe that he, like Landis, could jump genres so deftly, and I was in awe of his work like BLACK CHRISTMAS, DEATHDREAM, PORKYS & A CHRISTMAS STORY. I got to attend a special holiday screening of the original BLACK with Bob in attendance, and I honestly got too star-struck to go up to him and shake his hand, which is almost unheard of for me. I dont know why but I pussed out, and now it will be one of my major geek regrets. Bob was such an electric personality, and his skill behind the camera inspired so many of our generation more than we ever know.

It's a sad, surreal thing when you can try to enjoy a really cool mention in the media (my trailer hitting the net, meshed on the same page with one of the more tragic events heard in a long while (at least for me), sandwiching the ad banner to the atrocious remake that put Bob on the map, WHICH CAME OUT THE DAY OF HIS DEATH. Kinda...creepy, huh?
Click the image below to see what I mean...



Hollywood Babylon indeed.

That's a wrap, Sir Clark. Thank you for inspiring so many...you will be missed.

Staying Scary,
Joe

PS: More blogging soon I promise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home